Translate

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 3 Addendum

For details of part 1, click here.
For details of part 2, click here.

Los Dos Centavos
Last night, we camped (30 some degrees outside). Nolan, being the sweet man he is, said to me, 'you go take shower and I'll set everything up.' I quickly took him up on it and headed towards the shower (I meant showers and toilets all together). When I was planning (well, that's stretch, more like throwing things together) I thought, this trip will be great opportunity to use some samples of cosmetics (because I have to literally carry everything I decided to bring on the trip).
Well, that's a good idea, except in this particular shower and sample of facial cleaner didn't go together (keep in mind that I had about 20 layers of sun protection on!). This shower is set up to turn on by pushing a button, and puts out about 1 quart of water and then turns off! (I can assure you I'm not making this up, and remember the temperature outside is freaking cold and no heating inside the shower building either!).  While I am trying to open my sample of facial cleaner, I also have to keep pushing the shower button every 2 seconds so I would not freeze to death!  And then I could not open the facial cleaner thingy, I use the proper way to open it but nothing!  In a desperate moment to survive the most freezing shower of life, I used my teeth, I smacked it against the wall and I stomped on it and nothing! (Picture of battered example below). While still pushing the blessed (not the word I used while this was happening!) shower button! And then when I was ready to quit and take a plane back home. I remember that I had another sample and reached for it and it worked! This ordeal made me realize how everyday I may take little things for granted!
The battered remains of an impregnable sample

No comments:

Post a Comment